Simon Stevin crossing the river Scheldt (Zeeschelde) betrwee Kruibeke and Hoboken (B)
The real name of the ship in this picture is Simon Stevin. Simon Stevin was built as a steamferry “18” in 1931 for GVB, the municipal transit authority of the city os Amsterdam. Rebuilt as a diesel-electric ferry in 1957. Taken out of service in 1990, transported to Antwerp and converted to a pedestrian ferry.